Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Pathway to Shamash


This entry was somewhat lengthier, but a problem with this blog's HTML forced me to start over from scratch.  In essence, Morgengrau played its first show on July 2nd at the Korova basement in San Antonio, and I can safely say that it was one of the best nights of my life.  All of my bandmates brought their "A" game, and it was an honor to share the stage with them.  I feel obligated to mention that this was Nick's first show, and he absolutely surpassed everyone's expectations to deliver an amazing set.  Adding to the joy of the night was whenever two former members of Demolition Hammer showed up at the venue, and while they did not make it in time for our set, the mention of an Exhorder cover had them impressed.  Demolition Hammer has been one of my favorite bands for years now, and I am very glad to have met them.  Also, special thanks must go to Zvs of Plutonian Shore, who once again helped me out by loaning me his amp.  We are eternally grateful.

Setlist:

Extrinsic Pathway
Ordered Eastward (Hail of Bullets cover)
The Sickening Dwell (Asphyx cover)
Chronic Infection (Pestilence cover)
Shamash Enlighten
Out of the Body (Pestilence cover)
A.L. (Exhorder cover)

I dedicate this entry to the numerous fans who tore things up in the mosh pit at the end of our set.  You are truly the best we could ask for.  Special thanks go to E.A., who provided me with water when I was dehydrated three songs into our set (apropos given Pestilence's "Dehydrated").  To the numerous people who asked:  Don't worry, we will be back soon enough.  In case you missed out, I believe that these videos will tell much of the story:

No comments:

Post a Comment